Picture Perfect.....

The work of professional photographers has always amazed me. Few days back I went to a photo exhibition in Max Muller Bhavan in Bangalore. I must admit it was my first time to a photo exhibition. The theme was Bangalore and all the photographers showcased some aspect of Bangalore. What amazed me was the fact the pictures were of the every day places we visit and I never expected these places to look so awesome. The technicalities were amazingly taken care of. The way the moonlight reflected form the stream of water in front of the house or the way the light shone in the small shop in an empty lane was taken awfully nicely. Every element in the pictures kind of gave them a shade of a mystery novel.

It’s amazing the way these photographers not only take a picture but also gives it a certain character. If one looks at them closely he will surely find a story somewhere rooted in them. I believe, to be really good photographer one should be able to be imaginative enough to cook up a story and narrate it entirely in one picture. One should be passionate enough to create a parallel universe where a tree tilting on a road is actually a demon waiting to pounce on its prey, where there is always a killer hiding in a dark alley and where sky is always sinister blue with swirls of red dragons flying all around.

No comments: