Passion's Fruit..

How passionate are you about the work you do? Ask this question and you might end up getting some extreme answers. Some say, “I just love the challenges and the hurdles I face everyday in my work”. While some lesser fortunate guys would say, “I just switch off my mind when I come to work.”

I went to this local rock concert last Sunday. The bands were mostly local and were being massively criticized for their performance. But what really overwhelmed me was seeing these guys keep on playing their music so single-mindedly. I am sure they had their own doubts on the music they are making. Yet they had the enthusiasm to come on the stage and have a good time. That kind of passion and conviction is something I myself lack in life and obviously crave for.

I must admit the one thing which drew me to places like Barcamp or any local concert is to see these people who are so avidly engrossed in their work of interest. The fact that they are more interested in the process rather than the end results has always amazed me. These people are always enjoying the moment rather than bothering about the future.

It’s funny that while we are wasting our time judging them, these guys got the entire stage for them and are having the most amazing time of their lives.

3 comments:

sagspace said...

For the guys at Barcamp or in a Rock band, their personal projects or their music is not their primary profession. Its often a hobby or a liking which brings about the passion. Its when you can make your hobby, your work, that you ll get your answers.

sagspace said...

A Calvin and Hobbes quote comes to mind, "Its only work when someone tells you to do it"

Siladitya Banerjee said...

u guys r very passionate about this thing.nice.
Haiku