The Credit Card Debacle...

Few months back I had this embarassing conversation with my dad which I remembered a few days back. I had uploaded my CV on a few job portals, while searching for a job. After a month I got selected in Accenture and shifted back to Bangalore. On a Sunday morning my dad calls me up and what was said between us is as follows:
DAD: (in a very serious tone) Hey, How’s your training going on.

ME: (in a very bored tone) fine.

DAD: I wanted to talk to you about something.

ME: what is it?? (Gosh, hope it’s not about investments again!!)

DAD: I just received my credit card bill.

ME: So

DAD: There is an entry for Bharat Matrimony.com.

ME: (WHATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#*%#$#*#^%$#%^&)

ME: That’s not me. That can’t be me.

DAD: (now in a very fatherly tone) you should have at least talked to us. You know we always support your decisions even though this is a bit too early.

ME: (agitated) aggggghhh!!!! There is nothing to talk about. There are no decisions to take. Dad!!!! I seriously have no idea about this.

DAD: Then who else would want to get married in our house.

ME: How should I know? (He did have a point)

Suddenly I realized about the online transactions for the job portals. I checked the net and it turns out that both the sites belong to the same company and they charged using the matrimonial site’s name.

On explaining this to dad he gave out a sigh of relief and said,” Well that resolves it. Anyways, now that you have a job, next time you decide to get married, kindly use your own credit card.”

4 comments:

"girl interrupted".......... said...

dat was funny!!!

Unknown said...

Good one... :-)

Smi said...

thank god it was just matrimony..:-)

indro said...

just matrimony????

Can it get worse than that!!!