A ride with Floyd...

There is a fascination I have for traveling long distances in a bus which I hardly find in any other transport. I generally find flights to be fast to enjoy the journey and trains too crowded that I end up spending my entire time fighting for the space to enjoy the trip. Surprisingly the very small and confined seats in the bus which people are so fussy about give the opportunity to create the wonderful parallel universe to quietly slide away.

I end up spending hours watching the distant hills, the orange glimmer of the far away factories, the audacity of the overtaking cars, occasional empty petrol pumps, the sparsely-lit shops in the dark and every small amusing piece constituting the vast expanse. The pleasant shiver of the cold wind and Floyd in the ears makes sure to keep me in this reverie undisturbed by the blare of the movie being played occasionally in the bus. Every journey I take reminds of the distant imaginary lands we used to read about in our childhood and were so captivated to. The mood created helps to put my belief and thoughts together. The questions which bother day and night get replaced by ideas to solve or the desire just to let them go.

Even the world seems to be much clearer. Turns out, it’s easier to see the washed face of the world left behind from a distance and at a speed where it won’t be able to catch up, at least for a while.

1 comment:

sagspace said...

The last bus ride we took together, you were snoring away to glory !!!