Still Mumbai...

Yesterday when my flight landed in Mumbai, I gave out a sigh of relief. The city hasn't changed at all. The temperature outside was still a stinking 28 deg, it still takes about a half hour to get baggage, mom's first comments are still on on my 'Sick' looks and dad is still just happy to see me.
It simply doesn't feel like I have been away from this place all these while.

After staying here for a day I realized more :
  • The sea breeze from my balcony still feels nice.
  • The music in "Not Just Jazz by the bay" is still great.
  • Evening walks in Priyadarshini park are still exhilarating.
  • The sunset at Marine Drive is still heat warming.
  • The women are as pretty as ever.
  • and the men...... ummmhhh........ never mind.. they are still busy killing each other.
The thing is, I had got familiar with the city during my one year stay. It kind of seeped into my heart which even Kolkata couldn't do. It was here I spent one frustrating year of my life and it did it's best to make sure I am not sad all the time. Before leaving for the city from Bangalore I had a small apprehension that it might have some what changed like all long lost friends do. But when I came here and found it just the way I left it, I was relieved that it didn't change itself , at least not yet. It still has the amazing energy the whole world talks about.

Anyways lots of cheesy stuff has been written. But still if I ever meet the spirit of Mumbai I will definitely buy him a beer for doing such a magnificent job for the city.

No comments: